apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: apr-util buildconf copying rules.mk from ../apr
Date Tue, 04 Feb 2003 13:45:01 GMT
Sander Striker wrote:

> [...]

I'm a developer, and something that I want to do doesn't work anymore :)

Also, buildconf is for end users in some circumstances.  When part of
the distributed toolchain (libtool, autoconf, whatever) is busted for
somebody's platform, they have to install a working toolchain and run
buildconf themselves to get started.

The copy of rules.mk isn't needed until after apr-util configure (i.e.,
the first chance for user to run "make"), so it can be copied at the end
of configure when makefiles are being generated.  That way apr-util's
buildconf can be run even if apr hasn't been configured yet.

Does anybody see a reason why copying rules.mk at the end of configure
instead of in buildconf would be a problem?