apr-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: The Release Candidate version number?
Date Thu, 27 Feb 2003 00:25:47 GMT
--On Wednesday, February 26, 2003 6:08 PM -0600 "William A. Rowe,
Jr." <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:

> But what version?  Stas pointed out last night (on irc) that you
> can't just do an APR version test for 0.9.2 because we've defined
> the version as 0.9.2 (-dev) for a very long time.

Uh, check for APR_IS_DEV_VERSION.  Releases can not be made with that
symbol.  (Our release script enforces this.)

-dev releases must be assumed to be of unknown quality, while non-dev
releases should only be one particular tree of presumably known
quality.  -- justin