apr-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Orton <...@manyfish.co.uk>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr/test testfileinfo.c
Date Tue, 11 Feb 2003 15:49:08 GMT
On Sat, Feb 08, 2003 at 02:21:28AM +0100, Branko ─îibej wrote:
> Joe Orton wrote:
> >It does indeed, is this the kind of fix you were thinking of?
> >
> I expect that change would avoid the problem, yes. (In fact, in
> Subversion, I did an explicit fluxh befode calling apr_file_info_get,
> for this very reason.) I was sort of hoping someone had a better idea
> for a fix, though; forcing a flush before every stat seems to me to
> defeat the whole purpose of buffering.

I'm confused by that - buffering means "some writes are deferred", so a
direct consequence of that is that the st_size returned by a stat on the
file may not equal the number of bytes passed to apr_file_write, right?
If you want stat().st_size to always equal the number of bytes passed to
apr_file_write, then it sounds like you don't want to use buffering?

Regards,

joe