apr-dev mailing list archives

From Craig Rodrigues <rodr...@attbi.com>
Subject Re: [STATUS] (apr) Wed Feb 5 23:45:28 EST 2003
Date Thu, 06 Feb 2003 19:37:30 GMT
On Thu, Feb 06, 2003 at 08:32:51AM -0700, Brad Nicholes wrote:
> It is there because I need it there to remind me that there is work
> (although minor) to be done.  As a result of the previous discussion, I
> talked to our C runtime engineers and asked them to update our SDK so
> that it is in compliance.  They have done it but that version of the SDK
> is not publically available yet.  Until it is, I can't change the APR
> headers.  So it is here as a reminder.

Well, then can you at least put some sort of #ifdef around the
macro in apr.hnw with a little comment, to explain this?

/* Not defined in SDK versions less than [version number] */
#ifndef _POSIX_THREAD_SAFE_FUNCTIONS
#define _POSIX_THREAD_SAFE_FUNCTIONS    1
#endif

If the Novell SDK has a version number macro, you can even
change the macro to conditionally define that constant based on
the version of the Novell SDK.

--
Craig Rodrigues
http://home.attbi.com/~rodrigc