apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Brad Nicholes" <BNICHO...@novell.com>
Subject Re: [STATUS] (apr) Wed Jan 22 23:45:34 EST 2003
Date Thu, 23 Jan 2003 16:32:46 GMT
   NetWare does not have _POSIX_THREAD_SAFE_FUNCTIONS defined in
unistd.h.  The comment in userinfo.c is just a leftover from when I
stole the source file from unix.

Brad Nicholes
Senior Software Engineer
http://www.novell.com

>>> Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc@attbi.com> Wednesday, January 22, 2003
11:23:57 PM >>>
On Wed, Jan 22, 2003 at 09:46:28PM -0800, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> I have a hunch that NetWare (why the #define is only in apr.hnw)
> doesn't have _POSIX_THREAD_SAFE_FUNCTIONS defined in its unistd.h.
> It shouldn't be defined by any other platform.

The following comment in user/netware/userinfo.c seems to indicate
otherwise:

#if APR_HAVE_UNISTD_H
#include <unistd.h> /* for _POSIX_THREAD_SAFE_FUNCTIONS */
#endif

According to CVS annotate, the commiter was:
1.1          (bnichole 31-Aug-01):

> As a nit-pick, you'd need to wrap the include of unistd.h with #if
> APR_HAVE_UNISTD_H/#endif.  -- justin

Fine, here's an update.

--
Craig Rodrigues