apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: Showstopper ... was: Tagged the tree
Date Mon, 13 Jan 2003 12:46:40 GMT
Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkrantz@apache.org> writes:

> --On Thursday, January 9, 2003 1:07 PM -0600 "William A. Rowe, Jr."
> <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
>
> > No, as I original proposed, httpd-2.2 will target APR 1.0.  In
> > fact, httpd-2.2 won't even be released until APR hits that magic
> > number.  All the old cruft deprecated over the development history
> > of APR 0.9.x will evaporate.
>
> That can't work.  httpd 2.0 needs the ability to work against a stable
> release of APR.  Hence, the APR 1.0 vs. 2.0 breakout.

Whether or not httpd 2.0 needs to work with something called APR 1.0
is a matter of opinion, and I guess it is time to start some votes in
httpd-2.0 STATUS.

I think there will be some agreement among httpd-ers on creating an
APR branch from 2.0.43 and using that branch for httpd 2.0.  Whether
or not the APR-ers want to call such a branch APR 1.0 is something to
be dealt with by a somewhat different set of people.

--
Jeff Trawick | trawick@attglobal.net
Born in Roswell... married an alien...