apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: [emerg] (28)No space left on device: Couldn't create accept lock
Date Tue, 14 Jan 2003 13:34:09 GMT
Stas Bekman <stas@stason.org> writes:

> After starting the server for many times I've received:
>
> [Tue Jan 14 15:55:36 2003] [emerg] (28)No space left on device:
> Couldn't create accept lock
>
> I figured out that it was the ipc device that run out of space on the
> allocated segment, because I had encountered this problem before.
>
> Is it possible to make that error message more descriptive, so users
> won't have to wonder what device the error message is talking about?

(shields up :) )

The best compromise may be for APR to have an error code that is used
just for when SysV IPC returns ENOSPC.  Techies will want to know that
the kernel returned ENOSPC, but just representing it as ENOSPC like we
do today results in an error description that doesn't help users.

--
Jeff Trawick | trawick@attglobal.net
Born in Roswell... married an alien...