apr-dev mailing list archives

From <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr/test testfile.c
Date Thu, 02 Jan 2003 19:57:55 GMT

On Thu, 2 Jan 2003, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> At 12:37 PM 1/2/2003, rbb@apache.org wrote:
>
> >On Thu, 2 Jan 2003, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> >
> >> In this case, I agree with Jeff's commit.  I also disagree that you can
> >> veto a veto (which I consider Jeff's reversion of this test to be.)
> >>
> >> It was introduced as a pedantic test to try to illustrate to you, Ryan,
> >> the futility of making all platforms behave *identically*.  That isn't
> >> reasonable or feasible without adding a ton of extra cycles.
> >>
> >> Apparently this mental exercise didn't have the effects I had hoped.
> >
> >The "mental exercise" is pointless and not appreciated.  I expect more out
> >of this group of people than childish games.  And yes, that is harsh, and
> >yes I do mean it.  Will, we had a two e-mail conversation where nobody
> >else participated and you decided to back-out your changes.
>
> At least for the foreseeable future, that will be s/else //.
>
> There is no "decision" involved in backing out vetoed code, period.

Take a second look Will.  I specifically stated in all of my e-mails that
it was a non-veto.

> But I'm really past discussing any aspect of the test suite.  I'll let the one
> of you argue it out amongst yourself.  As you point out, we were the only
> two arguing, so my dropping out of the debate leaves the pleasant sound
> of one hand clapping.
>
> If I have anything further to say, I'll say it with code.  Please, feel free
> to simply back out test code you disagree with, as I won't be debating
> the merits, and it saves the the list one fewer confrontational note.  If
> you prefer that I don't commit code to test/ I'm fine with that as well.

I have never said that I didn't want you to commit to test/.  I rather
like that more people are getting involved.

Tell you what.  I seem to be getting on everybody's bad side again.  Have
fun with APR.  I have far too many projects to work on to spend time on
this project anymore.

Ryan