apr-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Release 0.9.2 of apr/apr-util?
Date Wed, 29 Jan 2003 19:13:06 GMT
--On Wednesday, January 29, 2003 13:24:37 -0500 Jeff Trawick
<trawick@attglobal.net> wrote:

> (apr-util can't be told to use the APR installed dir since apr-util
> relies on rules.mk and perhaps other stuff from apr build tree)

Okay, so we should fix this.  Either copy the rules.mk.in into apr-util at
buildconf-time or something (installing rules.mk seems a bit iffy).  Not
sure here.  Thoughts?

> cd ../httpd-2.0
> ./buildconf
> (fails because it relies on srclib/apr)

Well, ./buildconf will always require srclib/apr (we could do a similar
thing like we did for apr-util by adding a --with-apr flag to httpd's
buildconf).  The idea is not to require a particular directory layout once
configure is built.  -- justin