apr-dev mailing list archives

From Garrett Rooney <roo...@electricjellyfish.net>
Subject Re: Release 0.9.2 of apr/apr-util?
Date Tue, 28 Jan 2003 13:07:53 GMT
On Wednesday, January 22, 2003, at 03:21 PM, Greg Stein wrote:

>> in that case, why don't we wait for this change, then roll 0.9.2?  now
>> that the issues with the configure scripts that kept us from building
>> from a released tarball have been resolved, i'd like to see apr making
>> releases more often, so client apps (apache, subversion, etc) can
>> simply
>> use those rather than pulling something out of cvs.
>
> I totally agree. I'd love to release them myself, but haven't been
> finding
> the time :-(

ok, so what's the deal here?  so far, everyone seems to be in favor of
making this release, but nobody's jumped up and said "i'll do it, i'll
do it".  it looks like most (all?) the changes people wanted to get in
have been made, so are we ready to roll a tarball?  what needs to be
done to make this happen?

if nobody else is volunteering (and i don't think i've seen another
response on the list) i'd be happy to do any associated legwork that's
needed, but as i don't have commit access, someone else is going to
need to be involved at some point.

so are we ready to roll a release?  or are we going to all say 'yeah,
we should roll a release' and then sit back and wait a few months until
someone brings it up again?

-garrett