apr-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Apache release compatibility
Date Fri, 03 Jan 2003 21:56:52 GMT
[ Dropping dev@subversion ]

--On Friday, January 03, 2003 13:52:12 -0800 Greg Stein <gstein@lyra.org>
wrote:

> If I can find the time, then I'd like to do a formal release of 0.9.2 of
> apr(-util). That will certainly help us out a good bit.

apr-util needs to be able to build without having apr in ../apr.  That's
the showstopper, IMHO.

> Hmm? Are we saying that the APR API is "part of" the httpd API, so httpd
> won't upgrade to an APR that is missing functions?

Yes.  Any changes to APR that break binary compatibility can't be included
in any stable release of httpd-2.0 because a module could have used that
function.  People have been very adamant about that requirement.  -- justin