apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Altogether Broken OtherChild logic
Date Thu, 30 Jan 2003 22:36:35 GMT
At 12:37 PM 1/30/2003, Bill Stoddard wrote:
>This stuff kinda worked on Windows in the past.  I need to dig some but I seem to recall
that it was basically impossible to do the exact same thing in Windows as you do in Unix.
The other_child_read in Unix will not (and cannot) work the same way under Unix.

It's fine if they diverge when necessary.  It's not fair to overload functions
with two different meanings for two platforms :-)  Let me play with the
RegisterWait*() API in Win32 and see if we can't register that other child
handle to invoke the registered callback upon death.  We might even end
up -cleaner- than the Unix implementation, without the need for extra
polling in the MPM :-)

Bill