apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: APR Win32 Regression Status (3 failed, 2 not implemented)
Date Sat, 11 Jan 2003 00:07:47 GMT
At 05:49 PM 1/10/2003, Joe Orton wrote:
>On Fri, Jan 10, 2003 at 05:29:05PM -0600, William Rowe wrote:
>> My recollection of OS/X is that it's nearly as clean as Win32 at this point,
>> and suffers from the same bogus test_localstr and test_ctime tests.
>> Fortunately, I'm in CST where I notice these sorts of Pacific fubars.
>
>Is it possible to easily change the timezone per-process on Win32 like
>it is in Unix? I guess these tests will always have to be run in *some*
>specific timezone, so maybe PST is as good as any really?
>
>(using TZ=PST8PDT ./testall seems to be a pretty portable way of getting
>these tests to pass on Unix systems)

Unfortunately, not.  One of the oddities is that simply overriding the timezone
doesn't help, because of other location specifics (try Arizona as a PST (?)
locale that doesn't observe DST and also watch things choke.)  Win32 timezone
changes are reflected in all processes, so your mail client might fetch up some
out-of-sequence mails.  Not healthy.

So the easiest thing to do, methinks, is to fix up the resultant structure and
renormalize the value *back* to GMT based on the gmtoff member.  This way
we will know that the math all adds correctly.

Yes, I have the laptop running in PST (CA) but that really isn't an answer
for a robust test suite :-)

Bill