apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: Altogether Broken OtherChild logic
Date Thu, 30 Jan 2003 20:03:25 GMT
wrowe wrote:

> > Finally, it looks like apr_proc_other_child_read is the function we
> > *really* wanted
> > to use within the health check.  But it seems all of these
> > apr_proc_other_child
> > functions are really misdocumented within APR.  Would someone step
> up and
> > spell out exactly what they are *supposed* to be doing within unix,
> > and then we
> > can discuss how to make them portable to Win32?

apr_proc_other_child_read() is called when the monitor (e.g., MPM) knows
that a process has died; it passes the apr_proc_t describing the dead
process to apr_proc_other_child_read(), and if that dead process was a
registered "other child", then the maintenance function for that other
child is called with APR_OC_REASON_DEATH

sounds pretty hokey to me; maybe apr_proc_wait() could call the
maintenance function automatically if a newly-deceased process was
registered as "other child"