apr-dev mailing list archives

From Branko ─îibej <br...@xbc.nu>
Subject Re: Problem with apr_proc_wait and/or svn_io_run_cmd
Date Thu, 23 Jan 2003 09:56:38 GMT
Eric Gillespie wrote:

[snip]

>It may be as simple as changing APR_STATUS_IS_CHILD_NOTDONE, in
>which case apr_proc_wait doesn't need to change at all.  But i am
>not sure that is the solution.  No matter what, svn_io_run_cmd
>will need to change so that it repeats the apr_proc_wait call as
>necessary (unless you want to make apr_proc_wait itself loop over
>waitpid(2), which i think is NOT the way to go).

Why not? Interrupted system calls are a very Unixy thing, and can't even
be simulated on Windows, for example. It's very unfriendly to have to
loop on something that's supposed to be a blocking call. I think the
Unix implementation should handle EINTR internally. That's the only way
to make the behaviour the same on all platforms.

--
Brane ─îibej   <brane@xbc.nu>   http://www.xbc.nu/brane/