apr-dev mailing list archives

From Garrett Rooney <roo...@electricjellyfish.net>
Subject Re: Release 0.9.2 of apr/apr-util?
Date Wed, 22 Jan 2003 20:05:26 GMT
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

>So my personal desire would be to release 2.0.45, with its bugfixes
>based on APR 0.9.2 (release).  Would anyone object to that symytry?

this seems reasonable to me.  i like the idea of apache picking up an
actual release of apr, as opposed to effectively rolling it's own by
shipping a snapshot of what's in CVS.

>The only other 'little thing' I want to do is bring in Allen Edward's
>suggestions for debugging symbols for win32 release builds, so
>those of us bug hunting can track down pesky segfaults and other
>odd behavior from Win32 core dumps.  It's a trivial patch, I'm just
>trying to figure out how we can also get WinNT .dbg symbol files
>out of the deal without too much pain.

in that case, why don't we wait for this change, then roll 0.9.2?  now
that the issues with the configure scripts that kept us from building
from a released tarball have been resolved, i'd like to see apr making
releases more often, so client apps (apache, subversion, etc) can simply
use those rather than pulling something out of cvs.

-garrett