apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: warnings from sys/syslimits.h on FreeBSD 5.0
Date Tue, 21 Jan 2003 16:07:56 GMT
Craig Rodrigues wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 21, 2003 at 09:51:47AM -0500, Garrett Rooney wrote:
>
> >looking in apr.h where we include sys/syslimits.h, we're also including
> >limits.h, which on this system gets us the contents of sys/syslimits.h
> >anyway, so my first instinct is to change it to only include
> >sys/syslimits.h if we don't have limits.h, but i suppose that is likely
> >to break on other systems or something...
>

> Idea 1:
>   - remove include of  unless someone can prove that
>     not including it will break something

uh, why would it be there to start with :)

Idea 3:
change the way that APR detects header files to account for such
warnings, so that on uplevel FreeBSD APR won't even think that the
header file exists...

this has happened before and will probably happen again, which is
why I think the detection mechanism needs to be made smarter