apr-dev mailing list archives

From Garrett Rooney <roo...@electricjellyfish.net>
Subject warnings from sys/syslimits.h on FreeBSD 5.0
Date Tue, 21 Jan 2003 14:51:47 GMT
so i'm building subversion (and thus apr) on FreeBSD 5.0, and i'm
getting a TON of warnings about including sys/syslimits.h, since
apparently it's not supposed to be included from user code, just from
within the kernel or limits.h or sys/param.h.  the check in
sys/syslimits.h is as follows:

#if !defined(_KERNEL) && !defined(_LIMITS_H_) && !defined(_SYS_PARAM_H_)
#if __GNUC__
#warning "No user-serviceable parts inside."
#endif
#endif

looking in apr.h where we include sys/syslimits.h, we're also including
limits.h, which on this system gets us the contents of sys/syslimits.h
anyway, so my first instinct is to change it to only include
sys/syslimits.h if we don't have limits.h, but i suppose that is likely
to break on other systems or something...

any ideas?

-garrett