apr-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@apache.org>
Subject Re: mod_auth_ldap vs mod_ldap (was: Re: authz / authn and mod_auth_ldap)
Date Wed, 22 Jan 2003 16:57:09 GMT
--On Wednesday, January 22, 2003 5:39 PM +0100 Dirk-Willem van Gulik
<dirkx@webweaving.org> wrote:

> One 'ultimate' way to proof how much sense it would make is by
> using it to do simply/do some clever apache/tomcat connection
> pooling.

For that, you should use apr_reslist_t.  IIRC, it was written for
exactly this purpose.  I believe Pier was using it for the now
defunct mod_jerry, but I don't think mod_jk picked up on it.

I would also bet that the pooling code for LDAP could take advantage
of apr_reslist_t and remove a lot of code.  -- justin