apr-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@apache.org>
Subject Re: mod_auth_ldap vs mod_ldap (was: Re: authz / authn and mod_auth_ldap)
Date Wed, 22 Jan 2003 16:21:56 GMT
--On Wednesday, January 22, 2003 8:54 AM +0200 Graham Leggett
<minfrin@sharp.fm> wrote:

> mod_ldap is a connection pool and query cache, and can be reused by
> other apache modules that require ldap, such as a potential
> DAV-ldap module, or a proxy_ldap module, so no - I'd say a
> combination would be a bad idea.

I've got to think that perhaps that connection pooling and query
caching code is a better fit in apr-util than in httpd.  I don't see
a reason why that must be in httpd.  If we had it in apr-util, it'd
be easier for APR apps to write solid LDAP code.

In fact, I thought that was the original plan.  I recall that some
people weren't too comfortable with the pooling code in APR-util.
But, I still think it makes sense...  -- justin