apr-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Showstopper ... was: Tagged the tree
Date Thu, 09 Jan 2003 18:28:44 GMT
--On Thursday, January 9, 2003 11:17 AM -0500 Jeff Trawick
<trawick@attglobal.net> wrote:

> yuck...
> move Sander's tag back or back out the change to APR until the
> window just prior to 1.0?

As has been pointed out, APR 1.0 must maintain
backwards-compatibility with what we're using right now for httpd.
In essence, we already froze the APR API the second httpd-2.0
branched off since httpd guaranteed binary compatibility forever
(which includes APR).  Perhaps we should start considering moving to
APR 2.0 *very* soon.

Reverting the change seems like we have an extremely broken
versioning process somewhere.  I hate that httpd is affecting APR.
-- justin

View raw message