apr-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: Release 0.9.2 of apr/apr-util?
Date Wed, 22 Jan 2003 20:21:37 GMT
On Wed, Jan 22, 2003 at 03:05:26PM -0500, Garrett Rooney wrote:
> William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
>
> >So my personal desire would be to release 2.0.45, with its bugfixes
> >based on APR 0.9.2 (release).  Would anyone object to that symytry?

If "based on APR 0.9.2", you mean: APR(UTIL) releases "soon", and httpd next
week, referring to 0.9.2 as a minimum version, then yes.

If "based on" means snapping APR into httpd, then no.

[ I suspect the former, so all is good with me ]

> >The only other 'little thing' I want to do is bring in Allen Edward's
> >suggestions for debugging symbols for win32 release builds, so
> >those of us bug hunting can track down pesky segfaults and other
> >odd behavior from Win32 core dumps.  It's a trivial patch, I'm just
> >trying to figure out how we can also get WinNT .dbg symbol files
> >out of the deal without too much pain.

Let's not hold the release on this. If that misses 0.9.2, then we can always
snap another release.

> in that case, why don't we wait for this change, then roll 0.9.2?  now
> that the issues with the configure scripts that kept us from building
> from a released tarball have been resolved, i'd like to see apr making
> releases more often, so client apps (apache, subversion, etc) can simply
> use those rather than pulling something out of cvs.

I totally agree. I'd love to release them myself, but haven't been finding
the time :-(

Cheers,
-g

--