apr-dev mailing list archives

From <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Query about APR's OS Support
Date Tue, 24 Dec 2002 16:25:47 GMT

On Tue, 24 Dec 2002, RITESH RAI wrote:

> Hi,
> I have recently started to use the APR for one of my project, The
> requirement is that the product has to be compatible on the following OS
>
> Win 9x
> Win 32
> Unix
> Linux
> MAC OS X
> MAC OS 9
>
> The relase of APR source code I downloaded, contains the code for Windows
> and unix, What i want to know is that does APR has support for MAC OS X and
> MAC OS 9. If yes how do is get the corresponding source code for the same,
> and if not is there any plan to have these support in this. Please let me
> know as this will help me decide to use the APR for my project

Just to clarify, the Unix directories in the source code refer to the Unix
98 standard, which really means POSIX.  Any platform that can be
implemented using POSIX functions (or comes close to being implemented
with POSIX) uses the Unix directory.

Win9x works, although some APR features do not work, because Win9x can't
implement them.  Mac OS 9 doesn't currently work, but if anybody wanted to
try to port APR to Mac OS 9, those patches would be appreciated.  I really
don't know how hard it would be to port APR to OS 9.

Ryan