apr-dev mailing list archives

From <...@apache.org>
Subject APR_TCP_NOPUSH
Date Fri, 13 Dec 2002 17:11:12 GMT

This concept is not portable at all as far as I know, so why do we expose
it in our API?  My understanding of TCP_NOPUSH is that it is how linux
implements sendfile.  If that is the case, then it should be removed from
our public API, and we should just use it behind the scenes.

If that isn't the case, then can somebody please explain how an
application that uses APR_TCP_NOPUSH is at all portable?  Once that flag
is used, the application will behave differently on many platforms.

I would like to remove that macro later this weekend, so please let me
know if that will be an issue.

Ryan