apr-dev mailing list archives

From <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: APR_TMP_DIRECTORY
Date Sun, 08 Dec 2002 21:59:17 GMT

On Sun, 8 Dec 2002, Dirk-Willem van Gulik wrote:

> On Sun, 8 Dec 2002 rbb@apache.org wrote:
>
> > GRRRRR.....
>
> > Guys, please read all the messages.  We HAVE that already!  We have
>
> GRRR...
>
> > apr_file_mktemp, which returns an apr_file_t, but there are people saying
> > that it isn't enough.  They want to be given a filename instead of a
> > handle.  This has been requested multiple times, and that is the problem
> > that we are trying to solve.
>
> Right - and I maintain that that is a problem you do NOT want to solve.

No, that is a problem that YOU do not _need_ to solve.  But, it is a
problem that other developers have stated they do need.  Currently,
subversion has implemented the feature themselves, and the developers have
asked that we complete the implementation so that they don't need to
maintain this support themselves.

Take a look at:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apr-dev&m=101903624525092&w=2

This is the first time that this support was requested.

Ryan