apr-dev mailing list archives

From <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: APR_TMP_DIRECTORY
Date Sun, 08 Dec 2002 21:49:50 GMT

On Sun, 8 Dec 2002, Dirk-Willem van Gulik wrote:

> On Sun, 8 Dec 2002, [ISO-8859-1] Wilfredo Sánchez wrote:
>
> >    Specifically, I think the API should return a filehandle, not a file
> > name, to avoid the race condition I mentioned.  I think that's
> > worthwhile.
>
> +1 to that.

GRRRRR.....

Guys, please read all the messages.  We HAVE that already!  We have
apr_file_mktemp, which returns an apr_file_t, but there are people saying
that it isn't enough.  They want to be given a filename instead of a
handle.  This has been requested multiple times, and that is the problem
that we are trying to solve.

Ryan