apr-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org>
Subject Re: APR_TCP_NOPUSH
Date Fri, 13 Dec 2002 17:17:37 GMT
It looks to me like it's used in conjunction with sendfile
on Linux, and is probably useful for preventing slow starts
on big bursts of data (like a response). I suspect it is
especially useful when each header in the hdtr->headers iovec
is not going to fill a full packet. (Is this thing anything
other than the opposite of TCP_NODELAY?)

It is one of those things that only helps if you have it and
doesn't hurt if you don't.

-aaron