apr-dev mailing list archives

From Wilfredo Sánchez <wsanc...@wsanchez.net>
Subject Re: APR_TMP_DIRECTORY
Date Sun, 08 Dec 2002 21:32:13 GMT
   I'm not suggesting that we limit ourselves to the unix
implementation.  I'm saying there exists an API that solves this
problem and that rather than plunging headlong into a new API that
looks good, we try to learn something some an API that's been around
the block.

   Specifically, I think the API should return a filehandle, not a file
name, to avoid the race condition I mentioned.  I think that's
worthwhile.

   Yes, I buried that in a bunch of details, though I think those are
relevant to whether the API would work well.

	-wsv