apr-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org>
Subject Re: APR_TMP_DIRECTORY
Date Mon, 09 Dec 2002 08:22:47 GMT
[I removed a bunch of people from the cc: list who were obviously
subscribers to this mailing list already]

On Sunday, December 8, 2002, at 02:18  PM, <rbb@apache.org> wrote:
> Fine, then suggest another method for developers to find a system temp
> directory so that they can create a valid mask for use in
> apr_file_mktemp.

Shouldn't we really be looking at the reasons why those temp files are
needed? Are they lock files, mmap/shared-mem files, scratch files, or
something else entirely? At the very least, by looking at these things
we'll get some use cases, and maybe we can eliminate some of the uses
that allow for obvious race conditions (and possible vulnerabilites).

-aaron