apr-dev mailing list archives

From Wilfredo Sánchez <wsanc...@wsanchez.net>
Subject Re: [time to move on I guess] APR_TMP_DIRECTORY
Date Tue, 17 Dec 2002 07:22:37 GMT
   Thanks, Brane.

   David, I apologize if I contributed to discouraging you from coding.

   At the risk of repeating that mistake, I thought of something today I
thought I'd share. :-)

   The SVN folks pointed out that we don't have a way of getting a file
name back for the temp file created by apr_file_mktemp(), because it
just gives you the file handle.  It was suggested that we need another
function for that.

   It dawns on me that it might be way cool if apr_file_mktemp() could
give you back both a filehandle and optionally the file name, so that
you get the name, but it can still also create the file for you and
avoid the race condition between getting the name and opening the file.
  We wouldn't be able to implement it with mkstemp() any more, though.

	-wsv