apr-dev mailing list archives

From Branko ─îibej <br...@xbc.nu>
Subject Re: aprutils: HOWTO include apr_queue.c
Date Sun, 22 Dec 2002 17:39:19 GMT
Damir Dezeljin wrote:

>Sorry for two files (hehe ... its the first time I make a patch and I
>don't know which is the correct format:
>- apr-util_queue.diff (produced by: cvs diff -b -B )
>- apr-util_queue.patch (produced by: cvs diff -b -B -u )

Just so that you know for the future: Using -b or -B when cereating a
patch is not a good idea, because there's a good chance that the patch
won't apply. Instead, you should take care to not change the formatting
of the source you're modifying.

As to the rest: I, and most people I know, prefer unified diffs, so the
correct command would be

    cvs diff -u -p

(note the -p wich tells CVS to add file headers to the diff).

--
Brane ─îibej   <brane@xbc.nu>   http://www.xbc.nu/brane/