apr-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: mod_perl 2.0 trouble compiling = cannont find -lapr -laprutil
Date Sat, 14 Dec 2002 02:58:41 GMT
D. Fairbanks wrote:
[...]
> LD_RUN_PATH="/usr/lib" gcc  -shared -L/usr/local/lib APR.o  -o
> ../../../blib/arch/Apache2/auto/APR/APR.so   -L/usr/local/apache2/2.0.43/lib
>  -lapr -laprutil
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lapr
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[3]: *** [../../../blib/arch/Apache2/auto/APR/APR.so] Error 1
[...]
> I've read the dialog between Benny Jensen and Stas Bekman from:
>
> http://mathforum.org/epigone/modperl/tendprerplu/3DE5DDDE.90602@stason.org
>
> I've checked my Apache/Perl install three times against:
>
> http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/install/install.html#Condiguring_and_In
> stalling_Prerequisites
>
> And I've had an "Apache Head" check my installs, configs, versions, lib's &
> processes.
> So far everything checks out fine.  !?!  But, mod-perl still won't compile
> and neither will apr-util.

As repeated many times here, mod_perl builds on top of other components that
just keep on changing (one of the reasons why a production mod_perl can't be
released). So if you take a released version of mod_perl, it *will* build and
work with the apr/apache released at about the same date. If you use any later
releases/cvs of these components and a new version of mod_perl wasn't yet
released, you *must* use the cvs version of mod_perl, as it adjusts on the go
to the latest changes in the components it uses.

In short, you need the latest mod_perl from cvs.

http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/install/install.html#Installing_mod_perl_from_Source
(scroll down to the CVS Bleeding-Edge Version)

re: problems with building apr, email the apr list directly.