apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: APR_TMP_DIRECTORY
Date Sun, 08 Dec 2002 14:28:01 GMT
Wilfredo Sanchez wrote:

>    Yes.  What I'm saying is that to the degree there is a convention on
> Unix to use TMPDIR, that convention is to let the application decide
> whether to use it.

Agreed. It's up to the app to support it or not.

>    That implies that the app should, if it wants to, check for TMPDIR,
> and if not set, then call apr_get_tempdir().  Not to have
> apr_get_tempdir() do that for you, which then removes you option to
> ignore TMPDIR.

Hmmm... It would be useful, I think to have all APR-based apps be
similar in checking for TMPDIR, and so having that check in apr_get_tempdir
might actually be better (if we want it to be somewhat universal).
Worse come to worse, we could pass a flag to apr_get_tempdir which
indicates to it whether or not to be TMPDIR aware.