apr-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <jwool...@virginia.edu>
Subject Re: APR/APR-util commit messages
Date Sun, 24 Nov 2002 18:35:13 GMT
On Sun, 24 Nov 2002 rbb@apache.org wrote:

> Either we need to change the CVS commit script to handle this case and
> copy both cvs lists*, or we need to somehow stop this from being allowed.
> In the meantime, APR developers, please do not commit to APR from the top
> of the httpd tree.

Well, I wouldn't mind having the CVS messages magically arrive at the
right lists, but then again, I've always thought it the case that we were
*supposed* to be careful not to commit to APR from httpd's tree.  So
whether we just enforce this (is it possible?), trust people to be more
careful next time, or magicify the commit mails doesn't matter to me.

--Cliff