apr-dev mailing list archives

From Damir Dezeljin <program...@nib.si>
Subject Win32 inetd HOWTO?
Date Thu, 21 Nov 2002 16:38:02 GMT
Hi.

Is there any way to write my own inetd on Windows using APR.

On UNIX I can construct it as folow:
- a program bind, listen to a specified port and poll for incoming
connections
- when a new connection is made, it closes fd-s 0 (stdin), 1 (stdout) and
2 (stderr), accept the connection and dup it two times. In this way fd-s
0,1,2  will be the socket of the accepted connection.
- fork a new process
- close fd-s 0, 1, 2

In this way like with inetd, the child will have connection to the client
trough stdin or stdout or stderr.

Is there a way to do something similar on Windows by using APR.
I found apr_proc_create() and other functions, but I don't know (nor
understand) how I can pass socket descriptor to the client? The best
solution will be to pass it as stdin,... but I think that this isn't
portable, because Windows have diferent socket descriptors.

Any solution?

Regards,
Dezo