apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: APR/APR-util commit messages
Date Sat, 30 Nov 2002 18:12:32 GMT
At 04:56 PM 11/24/2002, Roy T. Fielding wrote:
>>We have a problem with APR and APR-util commit messages.  The problem is
>>that if you commit code from the top of the httpd-2.0 tree, the commit
>>message goes to cvs@httpd.apache.org, not cvs@apr.apache.org.  This means
>>that anybody who does not receive httpd commit messages is missing a LARGE
>>number of apr and apr-util commits.  That is a bad thing.
>
>So don't do that.  Commit the code per tree along with the CHANGES per tree
>and there won't be any problem.  In general, doing a blind commit from the
>top level without first checking what will be committed is a bad idea.

I completely concur.  Also, httpd or other cvs users who are using
non-apr tags can be really messed up with a simple cvs up -r FOO.

Perhaps the simplest thing for httpd users is to modify srclib/CVS/Entries
and remove the D/apr[-util/-iconv]//// lines.  This prohibits CVS from
drilling down into those directories from httpd or other project's commits.

Bill