apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: finfo->csize
Date Sat, 23 Nov 2002 17:52:57 GMT
At 09:51 AM 11/23/2002, rbb@apache.org wrote:

>is anybody actually using this field?  We don't fill it out on Unix, and I
>question if it is even possible for us to fill it out.

It's an N/A on Unix unless you have a compression filesystem, and
then it's kernel dependent how exactly one retrieves it.  Although it
is somewhat internal, it would be useful if you are trying to determine
real storage consumed on a device.

But if we are attempting to relate file size to a physical device, perhaps
we should redefine it as physical size (e.g. compressed size, if available,
then rounded to the physical block size.) Thoughts?

Bill