apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Issue #872 -- who wants to do it?
Date Wed, 13 Nov 2002 05:16:46 GMT
Greg,

  if there is a way to plug in code into apr, apr-util, httpd, or any other
ASF project after the fact, then I'm +1 on choices (GNU?  MS?  Sun?
Who cares???)

  However, if we choose to 'distribute' code, e.g. binary builds, and those
would (by virtue of our choices) require a GPL distribution, that's not only
earning a non-technical -1, but an outright outrageous position for the
Chairman of the ASF to hold.  Of course, I don't suppose that is what
you meant in this message.

  If we plug in some ./configure style choices for the 'non-unix' platforms,
that earns my wholehearted +1.  In this case, it's nothing less than you
can do when using ./configure on unix to a GNU distro of iconv.

  And bravo and congrats to Brane... excelent work on the Win32 build
schema for Win32 apr-iconv!

Bill