apr-dev mailing list archives

From Branko ─îibej <br...@xbc.nu>
Subject Re: APR/APR-util commit messages
Date Sun, 01 Dec 2002 00:40:45 GMT
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

>At 12:12 PM 11/30/2002, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
>

>>Perhaps the simplest thing for httpd users is to modify srclib/CVS/Entries
>>and remove the D/apr[-util/-iconv]//// lines.  This prohibits CVS from
>>drilling down into those directories from httpd or other project's commits.
>>

>Before I get assailed for forcing "my way" on the community, I'm just
>offering what *I* choose to do.  I'm only offering a suggestion :-)
>
>Anyone else have some clever tricks up their sleeves when working
>with multiple project's cvs repositories in the same tree?  I'd be interested
>in other workarounds folks have experimented with.

The simplest thing to do is _not_ to "cvs checkout" into the srclib
direcoty. Do the checkout elsewhere, then move the working copy to
srclib, or create a symlink, or whatever. It's doing the checkout in
place that makes CVS update the CVS/Entries file.

--
Brane ─îibej   <brane@xbc.nu>   http://www.xbc.nu/brane/