apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Brad Nicholes" <BNICHO...@novell.com>
Subject Re: apr_iconv* API's
Date Thu, 31 Oct 2002 18:51:23 GMT
   But shouldn't at least headers and stub functions be included in APR so that platforms like
NetWare can implement the functionality using their own character set conversion APIs?

Brad Nicholes
Senior Software Engineer
http://www.novell.com

>>> "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> Thursday, October 31, 2002
11:45:07 AM >>>
At 12:39 PM 10/31/2002, Brad Nicholes wrote:
>   Why are these API's in their own repository rather than being part of APR?  I'm sure
I missed some discussion on this topic somewhere.

Because the repository is rather large, and is not needed if the iconv
library is installed and detected by ./configure.