apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr/network_io/win32 sockets.c
Date Sun, 27 Oct 2002 21:59:40 GMT
"William A. Rowe, Jr." <wrowe@apache.org> writes:

> Yes, however Win32 would start with IPv6 with the
>
> Listen 80
>
> directive last week.  Something changed this week that the default
> IP [0::0] no longer works correctly.  Named IPs were giving me trouble
> all along.

I know what you mean by "0::0", but it is really "::", and Apache
assumes that apr_sockaddr_info_get/getaddrinfo() can grok "::" (and
"0.0.0.0" too, for that matter).

My tree on Linux (2 days old?) is handling "Listen nn" fine (Apache
looks up "::" and magic happens).

Note that some older Unix variants (AIX 4.3.3 without maintenance,
Solaris 8 without maintenance, surely other platforms too) simply
didn't have getaddrinfo() working properly and IPv6 just didn't work
right for Apache+APR.  ./configure catches some bogosities and
disables IPv6 support outright ("no working getaddrinfo") when
appropriate.  So be alert to Microsoft perhaps not getting it perfect
either.

--
Jeff Trawick | trawick@attglobal.net
Born in Roswell... married an alien...