apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: Patch option 1 - with apr_socket_create_protocol()
Date Fri, 18 Oct 2002 12:17:22 GMT
Randall Stewart <randall@stewart.chicago.il.us> writes:

> Dear all:
>
> I attach the option 1 patch... aka add the call
> apr_socket_create_protocol() to the  apr. This causes
> the smallest amount of change to the apr.

An initial patch to support protocols in general is committed.  Please
check over and complain appropriately before I go through the rest of
your patch.

deferred temporarily:
  locating sctp headers, setting APR_HAVE_SCTP, special socket option
  support for SCTP

deferred until we prepare for 1.0:
  protocol support for apr_os_sock_make (since that would break binary
  compatibility since the structure is extended and I don't think it
  is necessary to have temporary apr_os_sock_make_ex and temporary
  apr_os_sock_info_ex_t)

changed:
  kernel continues to choose proto if app doesn't choose
  hard-code numeric values for the several protocols

enhanced:
  test/server.c makes sure desired protocol is preserved from
  listening socket to connected socket

I've got some high priority Apache testing to do this a.m., but
hopefully in the next day or so I can get to the parts of your patch
which I temporarily deferred, and meanwhile you can look out for
screwups or other problems in what I just committed.

Thanks,

--
Jeff Trawick | trawick@attglobal.net
Born in Roswell... married an alien...