apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr/test testpools.c
Date Wed, 23 Oct 2002 14:59:36 GMT
rbb@apache.org writes:

> I actually considered doing this, but I don't believe that it is a good
> idea.  The problem is the amount of information you get if things
> fail.  With this change you get:
>
> 50 tests run:  49 passed, 1 failed, 0 not implemented.
> Failed tests:
> 1) calloc_bytes: assert failed
>
> Without it, you get:
>
> 50 tests run:  49 passed, 1 failed, 0 not implemented.
> Failed tests:
> 1) calloc_bytes: expected pointer <(nil)> but was <0x61>
>
> I would mucch rather have the added information.

The previous code was not valid C.

"testpools.c", line 101.37: 1506-280 (S) Function argument assignment
between types "void*" and "char" is not allowed.

Maybe you want to add an appropriate flavor of CuAssert that checks
characters?

--
Jeff Trawick | trawick@attglobal.net
Born in Roswell... married an alien...