apr-dev mailing list archives

From Damir Dezeljin <program...@nib.si>
Subject Re: UNIX -> APR sockets, file handlers
Date Wed, 23 Oct 2002 14:02:44 GMT
Hi.

> Well, for int fd's, you can use apr_os_file_put(), or apr_os_pipe_put() if
> it's a pipe [see apr_portable.h].
For now this solve my problem. Thank you for your help.

I have some more questions. On ex. Linux I can simply do the following:
    struct sockaddr_storage sa;
    len = sizeof(sa);
    getsockname(0, (struct sockaddr *) &sa, &len);

to extract the client name. Is there any way to do something similar with
APR?

I'm asking all those questions, because I'm playing with XDR (ONC RPC
implementation) to transport data trough network from one host to the
other. So the server will be started by inetd on Unix-es (I can use
apr_os_file_put() to put and apr_os_file_get() to colect data) and as
service on Windows. However on Unix-es I can't get the client address
(ok ... I can use getsockname(), but it isn't an APR function ;) ... is
it a problem?).

I also have problems browsing documentation, so I'm writing a Doxygen
config file to compile it for my needs (I want to produce a list of
functions with links to the .html files where they are defined) - do I
miss something or the on-line docs doesn't have this posobility?

Do you have any hint how to use Windows services (I'm looking in various
available sources for any hint, but I don't find it ... I also search MSDN
... hehe there are a lot of .NET examples, but I don't find the C one).

Another thing ... is there implemented any mechanism to say from one
thread to the other that some data in one structure are waiting to process
them. I found apr_signal* routines, but is there a way to don't interupt
the second thread if it is already processing something which was trigered
by one signal when it recive a new signal (so something like a
'signal_pool' - first process the first one, then the second and so on)?

Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Dezo