apr-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <jwool...@virginia.edu>
Subject Re: UNIX -> APR sockets, file handlers
Date Wed, 23 Oct 2002 13:41:25 GMT
On Wed, 23 Oct 2002, Damir Dezeljin wrote:

> I'm looking how to convert an UNIX socket to APR socket (apr_socket_t).
> Can anyone help me please? Is there also any way to convert stdin/stdout
> to apr_socket_t (I'm trying to use APR to write a simple daemon example,
> one for inetd, so I need stdin/stdout, and the other one more general).
> Also is there any way to convert file descriptor (int and/or FILE *) to
> APR file descriptors?

Well, for int fd's, you can use apr_os_file_put(), or apr_os_pipe_put() if
it's a pipe [see apr_portable.h].

I'm not aware of any currently-existing equivalent for sockets, but we
might be able to add one.

So for stdin, for example:

{
    int fd = 0;        /* stdin */
    apr_file_t *file;

    return apr_os_file_put(&file, &fd, 0, pool);
}

This function, coincidentally, is a routine called apr_file_open_stdin(),
which is the more portable way to get an apr_file_t() for stdin (it's
implemented differently on windows, for example).

Hope this helps,
--Cliff