apr-dev mailing list archives

From r..@apache.org
Subject Re: Compiling the APR testsuite on Windows
Date Wed, 23 Oct 2002 13:39:33 GMT
On Wed, 23 Oct 2002, Aaron Bannert wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 22, 2002 at 11:02:50PM -0400, Ryan Bloom wrote:
> > > Hmm... I haven't looked at the new test stuff, but I wonder how it's
> > > going to deal with the testshm* tests, since those tests depend on
> > > fork() and exec() to work.
> >
> > Those test will be re-written when I get to them, so that they are
> > cross-platform.  The tests for external APIs are not very useful if they
> > aren't portable.
>
> Well, there are two issues here:
>
> 1) Anonymous shared memory requires fork() and exec() (at this time).

then the tests will use APR_HAS_FORK to ensure that the tests are
portable.

> 2) Shared Memory implies a minimum of two processes. If the
>    test program is all one program, how will we prove that multiple
>    different programs are able to attach to the same segment?

When I get to a test that requires two programs, I will deal with that
situation.  It may mean that we have two processes, or it may mean that I
use some other means to run the tests.  I don't know, because I haven't
hit this case yet.

Ryan

550 Jean St
Oakland CA 94610