apr-dev mailing list archives

From r..@apache.org
Subject Re: Compiling the APR testsuite on Windows
Date Tue, 22 Oct 2002 17:22:08 GMT
On Tue, 22 Oct 2002, Bill Stoddard wrote:

> Q for Bill Rowe...
> I see a bunch of win32 stuff in apr/test but it is not at all clear where to
> start.

I would suggest throwing it out and starting over.  This is not a
complaint on the current implementation, but the new test suite will be
VERY different when it comes to how to build it.  Previously, each test
program was it's own binary, and that caused a lot more work than was
needed.  The new test suite is a single program, so just look at
Makefile.in, at the testall target.  If you compile and link every file in
that target, you will have the new suite working.

If you spend time getting the old stuff working, you and I will be working
at cross-purposes, because I am actively trying to remove all of the old
code.

Ryan

550 Jean St
Oakland CA 94610