apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: apr_iconv* API's
Date Thu, 31 Oct 2002 18:59:13 GMT
At 12:51 PM 10/31/2002, you wrote:
>   But shouldn't at least headers and stub functions be included in APR so that platforms
like NetWare can implement the functionality using their own character set conversion APIs?

No, because apr_iconv is a complete library.

You should modify apr_xlate to plug in an alternate library.

Note one bugaboo... our API assures that partial conversion is always
possible.  The native APIs on Win32 (not counting the mlang com level
interface) do not, so Win32 couldn't use it's own.  Hopefully, that's not
true on Netware and you should be able to plug into apr_xlate seamlessly.

Bill