apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: testucs?
Date Tue, 22 Oct 2002 03:40:28 GMT
At 08:44 PM 10/21/2002, rbb@apache.org wrote:

>I am still slowly working through the test suite for APR, and I have come
>upon testucs.  This is a program that is specifically written for
>Windows.  The goal of the APR test suite is to test APR and prove that all
>implementations of APR are equivalent.  The testucs program does not do
>that.  Either it should be re-written so that it works on all platforms,
>or it should be removed.  Unless I hear otherwise, I will remove it on
>Thursday.

-1.

If you want to change the test so that it spits out an rc 0 on Unix,
since it's unimplemented, then fine.

In fact, there is no reason for this simple utf-8<->unicode test not
to be run on Unix.  I do suggest that we export this behavior.

But either way, tests should exist for any 'proof of' that folks want
to construct.  If you want them 'out of the way' when they don't work
in the schema, then let's create an apr/test/one-off.

Move it out of the way, if you like.  Do not axe it.

Bill