apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: add additional parm for protocol to apr_socket_create() before 1.0?
Date Wed, 16 Oct 2002 15:49:42 GMT
At 06:58 AM 10/16/2002, Jeff Trawick wrote:
>Mr. Stewart needs to know in order to rework his SCTP patch
>appropriately.
>
>alternative:
>
>apr_socket_create_ex() which is an interface that has existing
>parameters + protocol parameter

+1 ... AND when we go to 1.0, we break the API and introduce
the argument to apr_socket_create() and drop _ex().

Yes - I know we haven't "Promised" backwards compatibility until
version 1.0.  But we've proven we can -usually- achieve it.  The only
API totally horked in the last six months was poll, IIRC.

Bill